Roasted sweet potatoes, creamy avocado, black beans and raw kale are tossed in a creamy lime-cashew-cilantro dressing in this brightly flavorful, protein-packed vegan sweet potato salad recipe. Filled to the brim with nutrients both macro and micro, this powerhouse one-bowl supper tastes as good as it is good for you.
The Lime-Cilantro Vegan Cashew Salad Dressing Will Change Your Life.
Creamy, herbaceous and kicking with brilliant bursts of freshness—tart lime juice! Sharp fresh garlic! Springy cilantro!—this verdant vegan salad dressing recipe is one that you’ll make again and again. We’re tempted to think of a more famous salad dressing to liken it too—maybe Green Goddess or a lightly spicy ranch?—but really, it is so good and so unique that it defies definition. It deserves a moniker all its own! Suggestions welcome!
In addition to a pinch of salt and a pour of water, here’s what you’ll need to make this easy vegan lime-cilantro-cashew cream:
- Fresh cilantro.
- Fresh garlic.
- Fresh lime juice.
- Olive oil. Regular or extra virgin—either will work!
- Cashews. Raw—and there’s no need to soak them, unless your blender isn’t super powerful.
- Jalapeño. We add just half a jalapeño, and it’s seeded, so this dressing has the quietest, subtlest little kick ever. However, if you hate heat of any kind, it’s fine to leave it out.
Tools You’ll Need:
- A baking sheet for the roasted sweet potatoes.
- A good blender for making the lime-cilantro-cashew dressing.
- A sharp knife.
- A large bowl for tossing and serving.
- Salad tongs are nice to have, but not an absolute must.
- 3sweet potatoes (about 2 lbs)
- 2 tbspolive oil
- 2 tbsptaco seasoning
- 2bunches kale, stems removed, torn into 2 inch pieces (6 cups)
- 1/2 cupcilantro leaves
- 3green onions, thinly sliced
- 1can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1avocado, large sliced
Vegan Cilantro-Cashew Dressing
- 1/2 cupcilantro
- 3garlic cloves
- 3 tbsplime juice
- 1/2 tspsea salt
- 3 tbspolive oil
- 1/2 cupcashews
- 3/4 cupwater
- 1/2jalapeno, seeded
- Preheat oven at 400°F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 2” cubes. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil and taco seasoning. Arrange on a baking sheet, careful not to overcrowd. Roast on the center rack in oven for 30 minutes, flipping the sweet potatoes half way through. (If sweet potatoes aren’t tender enough, cook for an additional 5 minutes.)
- In a high-powered blender, blend all ingredients for the dressing. You should end up with about 1 ¼ cups of the vegan cilantro-lime dressing.
*For a thinner dressing, add a little more lime juice.
- In a large bowl, toss the kale, cilantro, green onions, black beans, roasted sweet potatoes, avocado, with desired amount of dressing. Enjoy!
- CALORIES 545
- PROTEIN 10 g
- CARBOHYDRATE S75 g
- TOTAL FAT 24 g
- DIETARY FIBER 13 g
- CHOLESTEROL 0 mg
- SODIUM 1006 mg
- TOTAL SUGARS 4 g
Book a Free 10 Minute Call With Dr Liz
Your health is your best asset!